I didn’t write about The Silver Linings Playbook: on this blog — I read it in between the “Book a Week” series. But here’s a Q&A with author Matthew Quick anyway.
I like this story for a lot of reasons:
1. I went to high school with Quick’s brother.
2. Quick taught at my high school (but not while I was a student there).
3. Quick lives in Collingswood (where I live now), and the book takes place in Collingswood.
4. It’s a happy ending to someone who took a huge risk to pursue writing.
5. All signs point to this being made into a Very Big Movie.
So check it out!